College is stressful. However, with a supportive and accommodating campus, it’s very easy to conquer stress. Here are a few ways to de-stress on campus:
- Hang out with friends! This one should be obvious, but a lot of times it’s far too easy to forget this. Take a break from schoolwork and grab a bite to eat with your roommate or a friend from class! Another great way to spend time is checking out a sports game.
- Listen to music. Let’s be honest, music kind of solves everything, right? No matter what you’re feeling, there’s a song for it. Curl up in your bed and play your favorite album.
- Volunteer! The notion of taking on more work when stressed sounds ridiculous. If your schedule is already packed, then maybe volunteering isn’t for you right now. Though, if you’ve got some time, giving back to your campus and community is an incredibly rewarding experience that can leave you feeling rejuvenated.
- Nap. Nothing feels more refreshing than a midday nap. If you’ve got a busy evening ahead, set an alarm and take a nap for an hour or two. Catching up on sleep is absolutely imperative to being a well-rounded student.
- Visit counseling services. If you find yourself feeling extremely overwhelmed, then always remember you can talk to a counselor. Our counselors are here to help us, so be sure to use that resource.
And, of course, there are many, many other ways to de-stress. The most important thing to remember is that everyone deserves a break, so give yourself one!