Christopher Newport University has a beautiful, well manicured campus.The weather, however is a little less well manicured. We’ve recently had some chilly rainy days (very normal for any winter day) but as a college student there isn’t really an opportunity to stay in bed on those cold days. Here are some motivations that make getting up and going on a cloudy chilly day worth while!
- Classes with Friends
- The great thing about smaller classes means that you get to know those in your classes. The best part is I have found that these peers, as the semester progresses, become friends.
- 12:00 Lunch
- My friends and I have a daily tradition of all meeting in the dining hall at noon everyday to have a meal together. This is a great way to have fun during a normal day!
- Einstein Pick Me Up
- There is nothing better than a caffeine pick me up. From the seasonal to the traditional drinks, there’s no way to go wrong.
- Group Exercise Classes
- The Freeman Center offers a variety of daily group exercise classes. This makes going to the gym even more fun and allows for friends to tag along with you.
- Check the daily email for different events
- As a Christopher Newport student, we are sent a daily email of the goings on of the campus. So no matter what, there will always be something on campus to attend!
Although tempting to stay in bed when the wind howls and your bed is just all too comfortable, getting up and going to class, lunch, the gym, Einstein’s, or an on-campus event are the perfect solution to a very motive-limited day!