With Thanksgiving just passing, I figured it would be only right to tell you what I am thankful for at Christopher Newport:
- This may sound weird, but I am thankful for the rigorous curriculum offered by CNU. With the classes being challenging, you feel much better about yourself when you earn high grades, rather than them being given to you.
- After my actual education, or course, the thing I’m most grateful for is my sorority, Alpha Kappa Alpha. Through this organization, I have had the opportunity to build bonds with people who no one could ever break. I have also had many opportunities to impact people’s lives through community service!
- FREE gym membership! After Thanksgiving and Christmas season go by, having a fully equipped gym to go to for free is great!
- The residence halls at CNU are unlike any other. There are rooms that come with kitchens. Some rooms are singles and even have their own bathroom. It’s like living in your own apartment or mini palace.
- Last but not least, I am so very grateful for the many Captains that I have been able to not only meet, but build actual relationships with. The feeling of community here seems so unreal sometimes but I am grateful I’ve been able to experience it.