Leadership Conference

Christopher Newport University recently gave me the opportunity to attend a leadership conference at the United States Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland. Through the Leadership and American Studies Department my professor told me about the conference that the department attends every year. She encouraged me to apply and so I did. The encouragement I received led to an amazing experience in Annapolis. As a leadership studies minor it was insightful to hear from leaders throughout or military, government and country.

We left Sunday afternoon and returned on Wednesday. We spent two full days in back-to-back speeches and group sessions where we got to network and discuss with students from around the world. Our group consisted of us four students and a leadership professor. I have now made four more connections at CNU that I didn’t have before.

Being a leadership minor separate from the President’s Leadership Program does not limit my opportunities. CNU is constantly providing opportunities to its students. I will forever be grateful for the opportunities I have gotten since attending this university.