My roommates, my best friends, we share a lot of thing in life, our rooms, our food, our chargers. Yet one thing I don’t want to share is sicknesses. Flu season is officially upon us and in the past two weeks 3/3 of my roommates have shared in the sickness of the season. Here are a few tips and tricks to curb any illness while away at school:
When it comes to curbing illness while living in close community, here are a few tips to get though winter:
- When symptoms begin—Go to the health services!
- Christopher Newport has a well established on campus clinic. The health-care is exceptional and they really care for us.
- When your roommate comes back from the clinic…
- Bring them nice things–they are sick and want to be home, not at school!
- Sanitize! You can never have too much sanitizer. Never.
- Cover your cough
- Once flu season hits, it becomes more and more important to be aware of where your germs are flying.
- If you have to miss class…
- Thankfully our professors are extremely accommodating in this season. Many of my own professors have policies that excuse you as long as a doctor’s note can be provided. You can even get doctor’s notes from our on campus clinic.
Being sick at school can be hard, but with the right knowledge of the clinic, friends and professors, it helps make recovery that much more attainable.